The Hinterland Community Band (HCB), “a band of the community for the community”, was formed in October 1995.
Based in Mudgeeraba, in the foothills of the Gold Coast Hinterland, it comprises volunteer musicians from a wide base of musical skills and ages, from all areas of the Gold Coast, who rehearse then perform for the community at a wide range of venues and settings.
It comprises two main ensembles:
The Concert Band with Music Director DAVID UNDERWOOD
The Swing Band with Music Director, ROGER MUNSIE
In an ever decreasing world of live musical performance, HCB exists to provide:
– Musicians with a place to maintain their expertise by participating in the performance of a wide variety of musical styles,
– An extension of musical experience for those who have completed their musical training and wish to continue ‘making music’,
– Music students with an opportunity to pursue extra-curricular musical activities,
– A means by which musical skills can be passed to or learned from fellow members,
– A pleasurable way of using extra leisure time
The HCB welcomes players of any instrument and encourages potential members to ‘try before they buy’ prior to any financial outlay.
Instrumentalists of all ages and experience are invited to visit the Hinterland Community Band rehearsals, which are held at the Mudgeeraba Music Centre each Thursday evening from 6.30 pm – 8.30 pm, or for more information contact Concert Band Director David Underwood on 0433 458 023 or email@example.com