The HCB comprises two main ensembles the Concert Band of about 40 musicians, which rehearses at 6:30pm every Thursday and the Swing Band of 18-20 musicians, which rehearses at noon every Tuesday. Both bands rehearse at the Mudgeeraba Music Centre at the corner of Springbrook Rd and Somerset Dr, Mudgeeraba. Everyone is welcome to join us.
Smaller ensembles of woodwind, brass or jazz musicians are also formed from members of the HCB.
All ensembles perform regularly around Mudgeeraba, the Gold Coast and the Gold Coast Hinterland.
For further details ring Concert Band director, David Underwood, on 0433 458 023.
HCB provides free monthly performances for the local community in addition to providing popular and ceremonial musical support for organisations in local and nearby areas of Mudgeeraba. It supports Carols at Christmas, Aged Care Facilities and Gold Coast City Council requirements upon demand.
The HCB is a unit that is gaining in popularity as time progresses, a trend that is sure to continue into the future.
The HCB provides a means for musicians to perform in a variety of ensemble environments and to provide the community with an asset to enhance public events.
In an ever decreasing world of live musical performance, HCB exists to provide:
- Music students with an opportunity to pursue extra-curricular musical activities,
- An extension of musical experience for those who have completed their musical training but wish to continue ‘making music’,
- Practising musicians with a place to maintain their expertise by participating in the performance of a wide variety of musical styles,
- A means by which musical skills can be passed-on or picked-up from fellow members, and
- An uplifting and pleasurable way of filling extra leisure time.
HCB performs all styles of music including: religious hymns and carols, classical, military, swing band, popular songs and songs from musical theatre.